Online access for Patients
Suspension of online appointment booking system
Following on recommendations from NHS England regarding Coronavirus, the appointment booking facility will be suspended until further notice. If you suspect you may have the Covid-19, please ring 111 or visit www.111.nhs.uk/covid-19 for the latest update. Please do not attend the surgery.
If you require routine appointment, please either ring the surgery or use an online triage facility- more information can be found on our website www.oldstationsurgery.co.uk
Old Station Surgery
As a practice we are keen to ensure we provide our patients with access to our services in a way that suits them. In doing this we are also committed to ensure that we continue to comply with the law associated with Access to Health Records Act 1990 and Data Protection Act (DPA) 1998.
You can now access a new system, alongside our current telephone/paper based systems which will enable patients’ to book appointments and make requests for repeat prescriptions via the internet, via the Internet on a smart phone or via the dedicated SystmOnline iOS App available from the Apple App Store.
When registered you will be able to:
- Book, Cancel and view your appointments.
- Make request for your repeat prescriptions
- Update your contact details
- View the coded part of your records
To ensure we do this and protect rights to confidentiality and comply with Access to Health Records Act 1990 and Data Protection Act (DPA) 1998 we have developed this policy to ensure we comply.
We will provide online access to our booking and repeat prescription requesting systems for:
- any patient over the age of 16 to access their own online access account.
- parents/guardians to access the online access account for any of their children under the age of 16.
- formal carers with access to patients’ online access account who they are recognised as formal carer.
- a power of attorney with access to patients who have a legally recognised as power of attorney.
We also ask that patients use the system responsibly so have some basic terms and conditions which we ask the applicant to sign up to.
Once we have received the correct documentation we will take copies of the identity documents you provide. Once we have processed your application we will provide you with a document containing the user name and password, you will then receive an email from us to verify your details which will allow you to access the online account you have requested.
When you have confirmed your details you can visit https://systmonline.tpp-uk.com/ on any PC, Laptop or Tablet device. You can also access your Online Access account via the Apple AppStore (Search for SystmOneline).
If you have any other questions, please contact the surgery.
Patients making an application
If a patient makes an application to access their own ‘Online access account’ we require the following documentation:
- One form of photographic personal identification and one document confirming their address
- Parents/Guardians making an application
If a parent/guardian makes an application to access a patients ‘Online access account’ we require the following documentation:
- Completed Application Form
- One form of photographic personal identification and one document confirming their address for the applicant and One form of other personal identification for the child (i.e. childs birth certificate)
NB: We will automatically cancel Online access for parents/guardians when their child reaches the age of 16. Your child will have to set up their own online access account if they wish.
Carers/Power of Attorney making an application
If a carer or power of attorney makes an application to access a patients ‘Online access account’ we require the following documentation:
- Completed Application Form
- One form of photographic personal identification and one document confirming their address for the applicant and the patient. We will also need to see the Power of Attorney Document.
Accepted photographic identification include:
- Current UK (Channel Islands, Isle of Man or Irish) passport or EU/other nationalities passport
- Passports of non-EU nationals , containing UK stamps, a visa or a UK residence permit showing the immigration status of the holder in the UK*
- A current UK (or EU/other nationalities) photo-card driving licence (providing that the person checking is confident that non-UK photo-card driving licences are bona fide)
- A national ID card and/or other valid documentation relating to immigration status and permission to work.*
Any document that is not listed above (i.e. an organisational ID card) is not acceptable.
Acceptable confirmation of address documents include:
- A recent utility bill (gas, electricity or phone) or a certificate from a supplier of utilities confirming the arrangement to pay for the services on pre-payment terms (note: mobile telephone bills should not be accepted as they can be sent to different addresses). Utility bills in joint names are permissible*
- Local authority tax bill - valid for the current year*
- Current UK photo-card or old-style driving licence (if not already presented as a personal ID document)
- Bank, building society or credit union statement or pass book - containing current address
- Most recent mortgage statement - from a recognised lender*
- Current local council rent card or tenancy agreement *
- Current benefit book or card or original notification letter from Department of Work and Pensions (DWP) - confirming the rights to benefit
- Confirmation from an electoral register search -that a person of that name lives at the claimed address*
- Court order *
* The date on these documents should be within the last three months (unless there is a good reason for it not to be, e.g. clear evidence that the patient was not living in the UK for three months or more) and they must contain the name and address of the applicant.
Acceptable forms of identification documents for children:
- Birth certificate *
- MedicalCard *
- Adoption certificate *
- Court order proving parental responsibility *
* Original copies only (Photocopies will not be accepted)